My book review Submission Guidelines are as follows:
- On my personal blog, I try only to review books from my personal bookshelf that I read for pleasure because I would like to be genuine and personal with my readers here on my author site. However, if you are a large publisher wanting to offer me an ARC, please use my contact form here, and I will review it with a disclaimer.
- If you are an indie author, or associated with a small press publisher, I encourage you to visit my book blog Paperback Kingdom, where I not only review books but promote them.
My Review Policy is as follows:
- All thoughts and opinions of books I review on this site remain of my own opinion.
- I prefer YA/NA books, and have a preference for fantasy/paranormal, romance, thrillers, humour, and some horror books. I particularly love dark, gritty books. I will struggle to get into mystery, action/adventure, contemporary and drama, but I’m more likely to enjoy it if it has romance, humour or magical themes.
- I will give you a Goodreads rating, but on the blog, I will give you a Tea Rating, as illustrated below. My reasoning is that I believe everyone has different tastes and just because I don’t enjoy a book, doesn’t mean someone else won’t. The Tea Rating highlights positive parts of the book.
Tea Rating Scale:
Blegh! This book was terrible and I can’t recommend it to anybody ever.
This was a strong, powerful book with an intense plotline/characters
This book had cultural/diverse themes in it.
This book was good for the soul/explored mental issues
This book was full of steamy sexy time
This book had all of the sweet, adorable romance!
This book is a relaxing, light and fun read!
The most exclusive tea rating. This book is a breath of fresh air.