This book was SO good!
I have to say, there are so many aspects to this book that made it super incredible and fun to read. I personally loved all the details that went into it, and how unique and different it was to read. I truly felt like I’d been sucked into a completely new world, and the story hooked me from the first page.
A Magical Shell
A Girl Who Dreamed Of Something More…
Lena, a Merrow girl, lives in the Skagerrak sea with her father, Carrick and her brother, Javelin who tells her of the legend of the Merrow Queen murdered by her human lover when greed takes over. But what’s worth spilling the queen’s blood? Gifted from Poseidon, himself, a magic shell gives any human the ability to control both land and sea.
When Javelin is called to join a clan of Merrow soldiers bent on protecting their waters from human invasion, Lena resists Merrow law and ventures to the shore with no choice but to swim to land.
With newfound legs, Lena is whisked away on a new adventure with new friends and new trouble. Everyone seems to want something from her as intrigue lurks around every corner.
Trying her best to hide who she is and remain safe from the dangers of the human world, will Lena finally find where she belongs, or will she be swept into a strong and stormy current by lust, greed, and jealousy?
What I Liked:
1) How there was so much culture in the underwater world, including the rules and socialism there that affected morals and choices, even with Lena’s own thought process.
2) How there is a nice balance between happy and sad moments.
3) How everything connected in the end–it was interesting to see things unfold and uncover secrets about certain characters.
4) How the first guy Lena runs into as a human ISN’T her default love interest. I love how she found that perfect boi halfway through the book. They are MEANT TO BE!
What I Disliked:
1) I’m pretty sad that certain characters died (I won’t say which ones). It doesn’t detract from the book but I’m still upset about it, I got really attached to them.
2) I also dislike that book two isn’t out like, right now. Because I need it.
I highly recommend this book to anybody who wants to settle in for an engaging, compelling, yet easy and fun read.
White Tea | This book is a relaxing, light and fun read!